1. The protagonist in the movie “The Sound of Music” is ______ Maria.
ANS: A, fraulein
- ‘fraulein’ is the german word for Miss, while ‘Frau’ is for Mistress. Maria is a married woman in the movie. Thus, fraulein is the correct answer.
2. Maria started working as a _________ in the Von Trapp Family.
ANS: B. governess
- Governess is a household administrator while’ governor’ is the head of a province.
3. _______ Montague will soon own all the land his eyes can see.
Ans: B. Monsieur
- the pronoun his refers to a male and so does “Monsieur”
4. _____ john and vince are the sons of the Queen of Genovia.
Ans: B. Princes
- the second choices are the plural of “prince”, while the first refers to a female royalty.
5. James Bond had different _______ in his movies.
Ans: B. heroines
- The first choice refers to a kind of illegal drug while the second refers to the chief female character in a story.
6. At the early age of 25, Peter is given the title _____ of Cambridge.
Ans: A. duke
- the first choice is masculine while the second is feminine. Since the subject is named peter, we assume the masculine form.
7. His wife, Aurora, is now the _______ of Islington.
Ans: B. duchess
- the subject Aurora is a female so use ‘duchess’
8. Hermione is known as the brightest ______ of her time.
Ans: A. witch
- as a reference to the Harry Potter series, Hermione is a female character so we use ‘witch’
9. King Arthur had a _____ adviser named Merlin.
Ans: B. wizard
- Merlin is a male character so we use ‘wizard’
10. I am a big fan of Professor _______ Lydia Cruz.
Ans: A. emerita
- Lydia Cruz is a female character so we use ‘emerita’
11. Kent is still a ________ because he serves as the breadwinner of the family
Ans: B. bachelor
- ‘bachelor’ means a man who is not and has never been married’.
12. Nick’s ________ received alimony after the burial.
Ans: A. widow
- ‘widow means ‘a woman who has lost her husband by death and has not married again’.
13. The new administratix wants to implement ______ rules today.
Ans: B. her
- ‘administratix’ is a female administrator’.
14. When they visited the farm, they saw a _________ lay eggs.
Ans: A. duck
- od the two choices only a ‘duck’ lays eggs.
15. The monks adore Ben. They believed he will be a great ______ .
Ans: B. abbot
- ‘abbot’ means ahead of an abbey of monks while the earl means a British nobleman’.
16. Bianca was known to be famous ________ in the District Attorney’s Office
Ans: B. executrix
- an executrix is a female executor.
17. The _________ laughed as her brother fell off the horse.
Ans: A. czarina
- the pronoun she refers to a female.
18. Manny was delighted when he was addressed as ______ when he visited Italy.
Ans: A. signor
- ‘signor’ is the Italian of mister.
19. Jack and the Beanstalk is a famous tale that deals with ________ .
Ans: A. giants
- when addressed as a whole species, we use ‘giants’
20. Elizabeth lives as a ______ in the city of Paris.
Ans: B. countess
- countess is a woman holding the rank of a count or an earl.
This reviewer is already reviewed by our team. If you see mistakes in the questions and answers feel free to comment down below for us to evaluate it again.
If you found any respective copyright and wish for the article/ reviewer to be removed or taken down feel free to contact us and all your copyrighted works will be taken down as soon as possible. If you are the original author of any of the files linked here. please let us know so that we can acknowledge you better. Thank you!
Do you want a copy in this reviewer? you can download it here.