Nita doesn’t enjoy writing but can’t escape from it. She has to finish it in order to graduate.
Greta has always liked to write. She really likes to become a better writer because she wants to be a journalist someday.
1. Who is likely to be more focused on the writing activity and why?
A. Greta, because she is intrinsically motivated.
B. Nita, because she is extrinsically motivated.
C. Both, because they are both motivated anyway.
D. It cannot be determined. Motivation fluctuates.
2. What is/are more likely to happen when a student gets intrinsically motivated?
I. Tackles assigned task willingly
II. Eager to learn classroom material
III. Engaged in meaningful learning
A. I, II and III
B. I and III
C. I and II
D. II and III
3. Which apply/applies to extrinsically motivated learners?
I. Tend to process information superficially
II. Tend to be content with meeting minimum requirements
III. Achieve at high level
A. I and II
B. II only
C. I and III
D. I only
Read the following then answer questions 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Ask to do a learning task, Joe hesitates says “Mahirap. Ayaw ko. ‘Di ko kaya!” (It’s difficult. I don’t like it. I can’t do it.)
4. Which statement about Joe is CORRECT?
A. Has a low sense of self-efficacy
B. Has a high sense of self-efficacy
C. Has no sense of self-efficacy
D. Wants to be sure of his self-efficacy
5. Which drive can motivate him to perform the learning tasks? The drive to _________.
B. have power
D. to be free
6. To which factor can you attribute his perceived inability to perform the task? To a factor ____.
I. Within him
II. Outside his control
III. Which is stable
IV. Within his control
A. I and IV
B. II and III
C. I only
D. IV only
7. Is it possible to motivate this type of student?
A. Yes, he can do something with his ability.
B. Yes, he can change the nature of the job.
C. No, it is impossible to motivate a student who himself is not motivated.
D. No, motivation is totally dependent on the student. No person outside him can influence him.
8. To which problem does the case of the student allude?
I. Unmotivated students
II. Uncaring teachers
III. Extremely difficult learning tasks
IV. Incompetent teachers
A. I and II
B. I and II
C. II and II
D. I, II and III
9. Which does he/she want his/her teacher to do?
A. Make her students derive meaning from what is presented.
B. Give the meaning of what she presents.
C. Let her students construct meaningful sentences based on the lesson.
D. Require her students to come up with a construct of the lesson.
10. Which one should teachers then avoid? Students’_________________.
B. memorization of facts for testing
D. self-directed learning
11. Which material will teachers most likely use?
C. Time-tested principles
12. Which material will teachers most likely AVOID?
A. Controversial issues
B. Unquestionable laws
C. Open-ended topics
13. On which assumption/s is the principal’s action anchored?
I. Students learn by personally constructing meaning of what is taught.
II. Students construct and reconstruct meaning based on experiences.
III. Students drive meaning from the meaning that teacher gives.
A. I and III
B. I only
C. I and II
D. II only
14. What do the school campus expressions “promdi” and “barriotic” indicate?
A. The powerlessness of the poor
B. Low literacy rate of the country
C. The power of the rich
D. The prevalence of ethnocentrism
15. Professor B once said: “We talk of developing critical thinking among our students, but when they disagree with us, we get offended “ To which Filipino trait does this point?
A. Inquisitiveness of the Filipino Youth
B. The lack of seriousness among Filipino
C. Extreme authoritarianism
D. Lack of subjectivity
16. Between pursuing a college course where there is no demand and a vocational course which is highly in demand, the students usually opt for the college course. Which Filipino value is demonstrated?
A. Importance of education
B. Penchant for a college diploma
C. Desire for entrepreneurship
D. Interest to obtain a skill
17. Lecturer C narrates: “I observe that when there is an English-speaking foreigner in class, more often that not, his classmates perceive him to be superior.” To which Filipino trait does this point?
C. Colonial Mentality
D. Lack of confidence
18. To ensure that al Filipino children are functionally literate, which mechanism is meant to reach out to children who come from a barangay without a school?
A. Mobile teacher
B. Multi-level classroom
C. Multi-grade classroom
D. Sine Eskwela
19. Which program of the Department of Education is an offshoot of the Filipino bayanihan spirit?
A. Every Child A Reader Program (ECARP)
B. Brigada Eskwela
C. Child- Friendly School System
D. The Basic Education Curriculum
20. Which developmental principle is NOT TRUE?
A. Children’s development is a function of environment and heredity.
B. Children develop at different rates.
C. Children develop in a predictable manner.
D. Children develop skills and abilities in an unpredictable manner.
This reviewer is already reviewed by our team. If you see mistakes in the questions and answers feel free to comment down below for us to evaluate it again.
If you found any respective copyright and wish for the article/ reviewer to be removed or taken down feel free to contact us and all your copyrighted works will be taken down as soon as possible. If you are the original author of any of the files linked here. please let us know so that we can acknowledge you better. Thank you!
Do you want a copy in this reviewer? you can download it here.