1. Which type of parenting style is most beneficial to the development of children, according to research?
2. According to Erikson, what years are critical for the development of self-confidence?
A. High school years
B. Elementary school years
C. Preschool years
D. College years
3. At the high school level, Kohlberg’s advice to teachers is for them to begin discussing with students about abstract principles such as justice and human rights. On the average, in which moral development stage are high school students supposed to be?
A. Post convention stage
B. Conventional stage
C. In between conventional and post conventional stage
D. That depends on the school culture
4. Which is the ideal stage of moral development?
A. Social contract
B. Universal ethical principal
C. Law and order
D. Good boy/good girl
5. Based on Freud’s theory, which operate/s when a student strikes a classmate at the height of anger?
D. Id and Ego interact
6. “Do not cheat. Cheating does not pay. If you do, you cheat yourself” says the voiceless voice from within you.” In the context of Freud’s theory, which is/are at work?
D. Id and Ego interact
7. What is referred to as the “looking glass self” of Cooley?
A. It is how I look at myself through the eyes of others.
B. It is how others look at myself.
C. It is how others affect me.
D. It is how I influence others.
8. You will understand when a pre-school boy asserts that two rows of five coins similarly spaced have equal amounts; but when one row is spread out so that it is longer than the other, he says it has more coins. Based on Piaget’s theory, which ability does he lack?
A. Multiple classification
B. Perspective taking
9. When asked about her order, a little girl tells the waiter“ yong kagaya kahapon.” Which Piaget’s theory in mind, what is the little girl’s behavior called?
A. Pre-operational egocentrism
D. Transductive reasoning
10. In the context of Piaget’s theory answer this analogy:
Preoperational stage: Transductive reasoning
Concrete operational stage: _________.
A. Proportional reasoning
B. Deductive reasoning
D. Logical reasoning
11. In which order does cognitive development proceed, according to Piaget?
I. Formula operations stage
II. Sensorimotor stage
III. Preoperation stage
IV. Concrete operations satage
A. II, III, IV, I
B. II, III, I, IV
C. II, I, III, IV
D. II, I, IV, III
12. Teacher H begins a lesson on tumbling by demonstrating front and back somersaults in slow motion and physically guiding his students through the correct movements. As his students become more skillful, he stands back from the mat and gives verbal feedback about how to improve.
Which Vygotsky’s theory in mind, what did Teacher H do?
A. Guided participation
B. Peer interaction
13. Which is essential in the cognitive development of persons according to Vygotsky?
A. Independent thinking
B. Social interaction
C. Individual mental work
D. Scientific thinking
14. Teacher X asked her students to describe how their families celebrate holidays. Students can discover that people celebrate holidays differently. Which principle in cognitive development governs Teacher X’s teaching activity?
A. Social interaction is essential for cognitive development.
B. Children often think in different ways at different ways at different ages.
C. Cognitive development involves relating new information to prior knowledge.
D. Children actively construct their knowledge.
15. Social exposure to various cultures expands a child’s pool of knowledge. Which statements go/es with this sentence?
I. The less experience a child has the more disciplined he/she becomes.
II. The more experiences a child has, the richer his/her world becomes.
III. The more selective parents in the exposure of their child, the more challenged the child becomes.
A. I only
B. II only
C. I and II
D. III only
16. Rodel gave a wrong answer. Teacher said “Wrong! You are way off.” As a consequence other students in the class were afraid to answer questions. Which of the following is illustrated by the event?
B. Halo effect
C. Severity error
D. Central tendency
Read the following and answer # 17-19.
Principal Emilia wants her teachers to apply constructivism in teaching.
37. Which material will her least prefer?
A. Unquestionable laws
B. Controversial issues
C. Open-ended topics
D. Problems or cases
18. On which assumption/s is the principal’s action anchored?
I. Students learn by personally constructing meaning of what is taught.
II. Students construct and reconstruct meaning based on experiences.
III. Students derive meaning from the meaning that the teacher gives.
A. I and II
C. I, II, III
19. Which concept/s of the learning will Principal Emilia as a constructivist NOT accept?
I. “Empty vessel”
II. “Tabula rasa”
III. Candle to be lighted
A. I only
B. I, II
C. III only
D. III only
20. All of the following describe the development of children aged 11 to 13 EXCEPT _________ .
A. sex differences in IQ becomes more evident
B. they shift from impulsivity in thinking
C. they exhibit increased objectivity in thinking
D. they show abstract thinking and judgment
This reviewer is already reviewed by our team. If you see mistakes in the questions and answers feel free to comment down below for us to evaluate it again.
If you found any respective copyright and wish for the article/ reviewer to be removed or taken down feel free to contact us and all your copyrighted works will be taken down as soon as possible. If you are the original author of any of the files linked here. please let us know so that we can acknowledge you better. Thank you!
Do you want a copy in this reviewer? you can download it here.