SCIENCE Part 5
1.It is an iron sulfide with the chemical formula FeS2 and is considered the most common of the sulfide minerals.
2. Any one of a large group of animals such as snails and clams that have a soft body without a backbone and that usually live in a shell.
3. An icicle-shaped formation that hangs from the ceiling of a cave, and is produced by precipitation of minerals from water dripping through the cave ceiling.
4. An upward-growing mount of mineral deposits that have precipitated from water dripping onto the floor of a cave.
5. In nuclear physics and nuclear chemistry, it is either a nuclear reaction or a radioactive decay process in which the nucleus of an atom splits into smaller parts.
a. nuclear reactor
d. nuclear fission
6. These are parts of cells that turn sugar, fats and proteins that we eat into forms of chemical energy that the body can use to carry on living.
7. In Biology, this is a phenomenon that indicates growth or turning movement of an organism usually a plant, in response to an environment stimulus.
8. What does male plant release which fertilizes ovaries?
9. What do you call the process of seeds developing into new plants?
10. Which among the following is not needed by all seeds in order to geminate?
c. proper temperature
11. A process where a single cell divides into two identical daughter cells.
12. These are large Y-shaped proteins used by the immune system to identify and neutralize foreign objects like bacteria and viruses.
13. These are multicellular organisms and rely on breaking down organic material because they are not capable of making their own food.
14. Clouds are differentiated by _____________.
a. altitude and by shape
b. thickness or thinness
d. lightness or darkness
15. The following are characteristics of living things.
a. ability to reproduce and grow
b. ability to metabolize and respire
c. ability to adapt to the environment and to move
d. all of the above
16. The science of color is sometimes called _______________.
c. color science
d. all of the above
17. Materials that do no transmit of reflect light or radiant energy and are impenetrable to sight.
18. A sedimentary material consisting of very fine particles intermediate in size between sand and clay.
19. It is an ecological or environmental area that is inhabited by a particular species of animal, plant or other type of organism.
20. An excellent electrical insulator which has the highest breakdown electric field of any known material.