This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 30 of General Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Top 10 best food to eat for effective board exam review.|
|Not passing the board exam does not mean you are not smart.|
|There are two sides of the coin, to pass the board exam or to fail it|
General Education Part 30
1. it is a molecule that carries the genetic instructions used in the growth, development, functioning and reproduction of all known living organisms and many viruses.
a. ribonucleic acid
2. The outer layer of the skin which provides a barrier to infection from environmental pathogens.
c. germinal layer
d. granular layer
3. The science of naming, describing and classifying organisms and includes all plant, animals and microorganisms of the world.
d. Binomial Nomenclature
4. The female part of a flower which is usually located in the center of the flower and is made up of stigma, style and ovary.
5. What are the female egg cells of a flower that are contained in the ovary?
6. The branch of biology that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings.
7. This term was coined by Geologist Eduard Suess in 1875 which he defined as the place on Earth’s surface where life dwells.
8. _____ is a cooking process wherein the food substance, usually a vegetable or fruit, is scalded in boiling water, removed after a brief, time interval and placed under cold running water to halt the cooking process.
9. When the moon is getting larger in the sky, moving from the New Moon towards the full Moon, it is ad to be _____.
10. They are often called the building blocks of life, and are the basic structural, functional and biological unit of all know living organisms.
11. These are small vertebrates that need water or a moist water or a moist environment to survive which include frogs, roads, salamanders and newts.
12. A system is said to be in equilibrium when the sum of all forces is _____.
13. _____ is the process of breaking down food by mechanical and enzymatic action in the alimentary canal into substances that can be used by the body.
14. The _____ are a long continuous tube running from the stomach to the anus.
15. These are atoms with the same number of protons but have a different number of neutrons.
16. The _____ is the number of protons in an atom, sometimes called the proton number.
a. atomic weight
b. mass number
c. atomic number
d. atomic element
17. To geologists, it is a natural substance composed of solid crystals of different minerals that have been fused together into a solid lump.
18. _____ is the preserved remains or traces of organisms (plants, animal, etc.) that lived in the distant past.
19. Who made the first significant effort towards measurement of the speed of sound?
a. Isaac Newton
b. French Mathematician Laplace
c. Madame Currie
20. By mass, it is third most abundant element in the universe.