This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 6 of Social Science. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|There are two sides of the coin, to pass the board exam or to fail it|
|Top 10 things to do in case you will not pass the board exam|
|After passing the board exam, what is your next move?|
Social Science Part 6
1. What factor was a major cause of both World War I and World War II?
a. The spread of Marxian ideas into Europe
b. The dropping of atomic bombs
c. Nationalism and national borders
d. The rise of totalitarian fascist states
2. In which organization is the Philippines a member to fight communist aggression?
3. The theory that population increases by geometrical ration while the means of subsistence increase by arithmetical ratio is attributed to?
a. Karl Marx
b. Robert Malthus
c. Emile Durkheim
4. In what instance is the Filipino double-standard morality shown?
a. A couple brings their sick child to the doctor then later to the espiritista
b. Young parents bring up their children in a manner different from how they were brought up
c. Illiterate parents are eager to send their children to school even if they themselves did not go to school
d. A married man who flirts with someone else other than his wife seems acceptable but married woman who flirts with another man is condemned.
5. Which part of Asia does the Arabian peninsula occupy?
6. The important factors which have contributed to the weakness in the internalization of desirable values is the?
a. Lack of models among the very people expected to exemplify these values
b. Use of approaches which are mainly cognitive rather that effective
c. Lack of follow up system from one grade level to another
d. Minimum recognition and appreciation given to teachers
7. To govern is to rule and the government rules by laws. Whose main duty is the enforcement of laws?
a. Police department
b. Judiciary department
c. Legislative department
d. Executive department
8. The term that refers to the class of Filipinos who were free and independent
c. Aliping namamahay
d. Aliping saguiguilid
9. The Spanish expedition responsible for naming the archipelago Filipinas
a. Magellan’s expedition
b. Loarca expedition
c. Legaspi expedition
d. Villalobos expedition
10. The third and last military governor of the Philippines was
a. Gen. Wesley Merritt
b. Gen. Elwell Otis
c. Gen. Arthur MacArthur
d. Gen. Douglas MacArthur
11. Which Katipunan member commuted from Cavite to Manila to buy materials used to make ammunitions?
a. Teresa Magbanua
b. Agueda Esteban
c. Teodora Alonso
d. Trinidad Tecson
12. Which economic system is based on free enterprise?
b. Mixed economies
13. How is the so-called colonial mentality manifested?
a. Cultural relativism
b. Cultural diversity
14. Which is a safeguard against unfair trade practices like short-weighing?
a. Total Quality Movement
c. Consumer vigilance
15. If the seven continents were arranged form largest to smallest, in which order does Australia fall?
16. In which continent can we find stormy Cape Horn which is known as the graveyard of ships and sailors?
c. South America
17. Which led to the creation of Pakistan as a nation in 1947? Religious differences between
a. Hindus and Christians
b. Christians and Muslims
c. Hindus and Buddhists
d. Hindus and Muslims
18. Which is common to Sun Yat Sen and Mahatma Gandhi?
a. Promoted a society ruled by religious leaders
b. Rejected violence as a way to political power
c. Led a successful nationalistic movement in their respective countries
d. Supported Marxist philosophy to change existing governments
19. Nebuchadnezzar was to the Babylonian Empire as Asoka was to the ______ Empire.
20. With the opposition of the parity rights in mind, who does NOT belong to the group?
a. Claro M. Recto
b. Jose Laurel
c. Manuel Roxas
d. Pedro Taruc