This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 18 of General Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Board exams best preparatory study tips: Ultimate guide to ace your board exams|
|How I Passed LET In One Take: Your Ultimate Guide to Real Challenge|
|Absolute Guide to Essential Things Needed to Bring On the Day of LET 2023|
General Education Part 18
1. How do hormones work?
a. by releasing adrenaline
b. by controlling cell chemistry
c. by regulating water loss
d. by controlling blood pressure
2. Name the male and female sex hormones.
a. sperm cell and ovum
d. red and white blood cells
3. The unit of measurement of energy in a given amount of food.
c. olfactory system
4. Nitrogen compounds known as the building blocks of proteins.
d. amino acids
5. The growth of roots towards water is an example of?
6. DNA means?
a. data nurturing analysis
b. deoxyribonucleic acid
c. deoxyribonucleic acid
d. deotrixyl nucleic acid
7. What are the 3 products of oxygen when it has been burned?
a. water, carbon dioxide and air
b. energy, water and carbon
c. energy, carbon and oxide
d. energy, air and water
8. In flowering plants, fertilization takes place in the?
a. pollen tube
d. pollen grain
9. The development or egg without fertilization.
10. Which of the following is a source of energy needed for photosynthesis?
11. They connect roots and leaves and serve as passageway and storage for food minerals and water from the soil.
d. tap roots
12. The process by which plants produce food using carbon dioxide and water, sunlight and chlorophyll.
c. fruit bearing
13. Process by which plants produce food using carbon dioxide and water, sunlight and chlorophyll.
b. artificial propagation
c. vegetation reproduction
14. The smallest part of a living thing which performs all the processes a living organism does.
15. A group of tissues working together to perform a complex tasks.
16. Male and female reproductive part of a flower.
a. pollen grains and ovules
b. stamen and pistil
c. pollen grain and pistil
d. stamen and ovules
17. In the human body, the cell that most nearly resembles a one-celled animal.
a. red blood cell
b. white blood cell
c. nerve cell
18. The main energy source of a plant-eating animal.
19. These are cellular secretions which help regulate the breakdown and buildup of various substance in the body.
b. amino acid
20. It is the energy source of the cell which it uses for growing, reproducing and other activities
a. adenosine triphosphate (ATP)
b. amino acids