This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 21 of General Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Top 10 best food to eat for effective board exam review.|
|Not passing the board exam does not mean you are not smart.|
|There are two sides of the coin, to pass the board exam or to fail it|
General Education Part 21
1. Chemical Reaction always go to completion if
a. the molarity of reacting solutions is increased
b. water is produced
c. the pressures of the reacting substances are increased
d. the weak base is added to a weak acid
2. A compound was found to contain 15g. of carbon and 5g. of oxygen. What is the mass ratio of carbon to oxygen?
3. An atom is ionized negatively by:
a. sharing with another atom
b. combining with another atom
c. acquiring an electron
d. mixing with molecules
4. The average temperature was recorded at 35 degree C. What is the equivalent in Kelvin?
5. When gaseous substances are compressed, the result is a decrease in the _____.
a. size of the particle
c. pressure exerted by the particles
d. distance between the particles
6. An acid substance _____.
a. donates proton
b. accepts proton
c. neither donates nor accepts
d. none of the above
7. The separation of substance by diffusion at different rates through differentially permeable membranes is?
8. What property shows the water is a compound and not a solution?
a. it is colorless
b. it cannot be filtered
c. it is tasteless
d. it boils at a definite temperature
9. Which of the following is the best technique to loosen two tumblers that are stuck one inside the other>
a. pouring cold water on the outside tumbler after filling the inside tumbler with cold water
b. pouring hot water on the outside tumbler after filling the inside tumbler with cold water
c. pouring cold water on the outside tumbler after filling the inside tumbler with hot water
d. pouring hot water on the outside tumbler after filling the inside tumbler with hot water
10. Which of the following statement is TRUE of nuclear fission>
a. lighter atoms can be combined to form heavier atoms
b. nucleus of the atoms can be broken or split to produce energy
c. atoms can gain or lose electrons without changing its charge
d. the energy process is identical to that which occurs in the sun
11. The property of a solution that depends principally upon concentration of dissolved particles rather than on its nature.
a. chemical property
b. physical property
c. mechanical property
d. colligative property
12. The ability of an atom to attract an electron in a bond.
a. formal change
b. electron affinity
13. Which of the ff. describes an electron.
a. mass of an electron is 1.67 x 1024 grams
b. represents the atomic number.
c. cathode rays are emitted when electricity is passed in an evacuated tube.
d. electrons are positively charged and are massive.
14. The total mass of all substances entering into a chemical reaction is equal to the total mass of all the products of the reaction.
a. Law of Conservation of Mass
b. Law of Definite Proportion
c. Law of Multiple Proportion
d. Boyle’s Law
15. Ano ang tawag sa solusyon kung saan mas marami ang solute kaysa solvent?
16. Ayon sa “Avogado’s Law”, kapag ang moles ng isang gas ay nadoble at and temperatura at pressure nito ay pareho pa rin, and volume ng gas ay _____/
a. mahahati sa apat
b. mahahati sa dalawa
17. The standard temperature of a gas in 00 and its standard pressure is ______.
a. 101.3 atm
b. 22.4 atm
c. 1 atm
d. 273 atm
18. The temperature at which the vapor pressure of the liquid is equal to the external pressure.
a. boiling point
b. melting point
c. freezing point
d. balance point
19. This theory states that the tiny particles in all forms of matter are in constant motion.
a. kinetic theory
b. Molecular Theory
c. Constant Speed theory
d. Law of Conservation of Energy
20. A 1 liter sample of gas is at a temperature of 3000 K; when the temperature is increased to 6000 K, the volume _____.
a. increase to 2 L
b. increases to 0 L
c. increases to 30 L
d. decreases to .5 L