This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 2 of General Information. In preparation for the Civil Service Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Tips to overcome PANIC during board exam|
|Best time schedule for review and tips on how to follow it strictly|
|Self-Review vs Review Center: Which is of more advantage to you?|
General Information Part 2
1. It states that public office is public trust and that public officers and employees must, at all times, be accountable to the people, serve them with utmost responsibility, integrity, loyalty and efficiency; act with patriotism and justice and lead modest lives.
a. Public Trust
b. Constitutional Rights
2. Who shall have the exclusive power to initiate all cases of impeachment?
a. House of Blue Ribbon Committee
b. House of Representatives
c. House of the Senate
d. Speaker of the House
3. R.A. 6713 is an act to uphold the time-honored principle of public office being a public trust, granting incentives and rewards for exemplary service, enumerating prohibited acts and providing penalties for violations thereof and for other purposes.
b. Code of Ethics
c. Code of Government Officials
d. Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees
4. The following are duties and responsibilities of Public officials and Employees except:
a. Act promptly on letters, inquiries, calls or any other form of communications sent by the public.
b. Submit performance reports of the agency or office regularly
c. Accept gifts from the public upon prioritizing their queries.
d. Process documents and papers expeditiously.
5. It is a written instrument containing the proposition and required number of signatories and shall be in a form determined by and submitted to the Commission on Elections.
6. It is the electoral process by which an initiative on the Constitution is either approved or rejected by the people.
7. It is the power of the electorate to approve or reject a legislation through an election called for the purpose.
8. This law promotes responsible family planning and proper use of reproductive methods to eliminate over-population growth.
a. RH Bill
b. Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Law
c. Reproductive Law
d. Family Planning
9. It is a specialized agency of the United Nations that concerns international public health.
a. Department of Health
b. World Health Organization
c. International Health Organization
d. All of the above
10. APEC is a summit that promotes free trade and economic cooperation throughout the Asia- Pacific region countries. APEC stands for:
a. Asia Pacific Economic Corporation
b. Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation
c. Asia Pacific Economic Council
d. Asia Pacific Economic Countries
11. Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) aims to accelerate economic growth, stability, social progress and cultural development in the spirit of equality and partnership to strengthen prosperous and peaceful community along Southeast Asian Nations. Which of the following countries is not a member of ASEAN?
a. Hong Kong
12. It is a law in the Philippines that aims to address legal issues concerning online interactions and harmful internet behavior in the Philippines. It aims to prevent and punish cybercrime in the country.
b. Cybercrime Act
c. Cybercrime Prevention Act
d. Cyber Identity Theft Act
13._____ waste breaks down into natural components and can be recycled into the life cycle naturally.
14. The following are examples of non-biodegradable waste except:
15. It is a project of DOST for more accurate, integrated and responsive disaster prevention and mitigation system especially in high-risk calamity areas of the Philippines.
b. I am Ready
c. DOST-Advanced Disaster Program
d. Project NOAH
16. PAGASA is the official government agency for weather forecasting, flood control, astronomical observations, and time service. PAGASA stands for _____?
a. Philippine Atmospheric Geographical and Astronomical Services Administration
b. Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration
c. Philippine Atmospheric Geological and Astronomical Services Association
d. Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Association
17. PHIVOLCS is a branch of DOST to moderate disasters that may arise from volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunami and other related geotectonic phenomena in the Philippines. What is PHIVOLCS?
a. Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
b. Philippine Institute of Volcanic and Seismic Services
c. Philippine Institute of Volcanic and Seismology Services
d. Philippine Institute of Volcano and Seismic System
18. Which of the following is a renewable source of energy?
a. Geothermal energy
b. Solar energy
c. Wind energy
d. All of the above
19. It is a process by which thermal radiation from the earth’s surface is absorbed by atmospheric greenhouse gases and is re-radiated in all directions.
a. Global Warming
b. Greenhouse Effect
c. Ozone Layer
d. Solar Radiation
20. USB is an industry standard that connects computers and electronic devices like keyboards, digicams, portable media devices, disk drivers, smartphones, and network adapters to any computer. USB stands for?
a. Unit Serial Box
b. Unit Serial Bolt
c. Universal Serial Bin
d. Universal Serial Bus