This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 3 of General Information. In preparation for the Civil Service Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Patrons Saints usually visited by Filipinos to ask for help to Pass the Board Exam|
|Top 10 superstitious beliefs practiced by Filipinos to pass the board exam|
|Things to do while waiting for the result of your board exam|
General Information Part 3
1. The Philippine archipelago is consist of how many islands?
c. 1, 258
d. 1, 701
2. How many of these islands are inhabited?
a. about 500
b. about 2,000
c. about 700
d. about 1,500
3. Julienne is a tern in culinary art which means what?
a. soaking meat in soy sauce overnight
b. a portion of food cut into short, thin strips.
c. left-over food in the refrigerator
d. caramelized brown sugar
4. In literature, after the climax comes denouement which is what?
a. the final part of the play
b. the opening scene
c. the rising emotions
d. an intermission
5. The Buri Khalifa has been the tallest building in the world since 2008 and it is 828 meters (2,717 ft.) tall. It is found where?
a. United States of America
6. Over 7,000 delegates from all over the world converged in Manila last November 18 and 19, 2015 for the APEC Economic Leaders’ meeting. APEC stands for what?
a. Asia-Pacific Economic Conference
b. Asia-Pacific Economic Communities
c. Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
d. Asia-Pacific Economic Commitment
7. What event in the Philippines is in some ways similar to the Pasadena Tournament of Roses in the United States of America?
a. Sinulog Festival
b. Panagbenga Flower Festival
c. Sugpo and Alimango Festival
d. Ati-Atihan Festival
8. A person who is highly-trained, skilled professional cook who is proficient in all aspect of food preparation of a particular cuisine.
d. Restaurant owner
9. An adjective used to designate a retired professor, pastor, bishop or other personages but allowed to retain their title as an honor.
b. Senior citizen
10. A common personification of nature that focuses on the life-giving and nurturing aspects of nature by embodying it, in the form of the mother.
b. Mother Nature
d. Mother Goddess
11. The World Airport Awards are the most prestigious accolades for the airport industry and a global benchmark of airpot excellence widely known as the Passenger Choice Awards. What is the world’s best airport of 2015 as named by Skytrax for the third year running?
a. Tokyo International Airport Haneda
b. Hongkong International Airport
c. London Heaththrow Airport
d. Singapore Changi Airport
12. The Philippines already has five Miss International winners in the said beauty pageant. Of the five, who is the last to win the crown?
a. Pia Wurtzbach
b. Aurora Pijuan
c. Bea Rose Santiago
d. Precious Lara Quigaman
13. These are groups of specialized cells in the pancreas that make and secrete hormones, known also as the insulin-producing tissue.
a. Pancreatic cells
b. Islets of Langerhans
c. Hormonal tissues
d. Pancreatic juices
14. A phrase or a fixed expression that has a figurative, or sometimes literal meaning. Its figurative meaning is different from the literal meaning.
15. 103 Shipping containers from Canada which were falsely declared as plastic scraps for recycling were send to the Philippines from June 2013 to January 2014. What do these containers have?
b. Old clothes
d. Illegal drugs
16. The richest man in China as of November 2014 and 18th richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of $24.1 billion according to Forbes Magazine. He attended the APEC Summit in Manila Last November 2015.
a. Henry Sy
b. John Gokongwei
c. Jack Ma
d. Lucio Tan
17. A massive network of networks, a networking infrastructure connecting millions of computers together globally, forming a network in which any computer can communicate with any other computer as long as they are both connected to the internet.
18, A GPS is a spaced-based navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites. What does GPS stand for?
a. Global Positioning System
b. Global Parking System
c. Global Positioning Symmetry
d. Global Performing System
19. As per Article II, Section I of the 1987 Philippine Constitution, in whom does sovereignty reside?
20. In Section 3 of Article II of the 1987 Philippine Constitution, which is supreme over the military at all time?
a. People’s power
b. The Presidency
c. Senate authority
d. Civilian autority