This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 8 of General Information. In preparation for the Civil Service Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Tips to overcome PANIC during board exam
|Best time schedule for review and tips on how to follow it strictly
|Self-Review vs Review Center: Which is of more advantage to you?
General Information Part 8
1. The power of the president to disapprove a bill passed by Congress due to allegations that said bill was a hasty and ill-considered legislation is known as _____ power.
2. All of the following government officials may be removed from office by impeachment EXCEPT one. Which is the exception?
b. Chairman of the COMELEC
c. Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
d. Chairman of the COA
e. Presiding Justice of the Sandiganbayan
3. Which of the following refers to the power and authority of a court to hear, try, and decide a case?
4. Our Constitution provides that no person shall be compelled to be a witness against oneself. This provision is known as ______.
a. Exclusionary rule
b. The right to suffrage
c. The right to speedy trial
d. The right against self-incrimination
e. Violation of domicile
5. Any private individual who enters an abode against the will of the owner and without proper court shall be guilty of _____.
b. Breaking in
c. Force entry
d. Illegal search
e. Violation of domicile
6. The right to privacy of a person is defined as one’s right to ______.
a. Go where one pleases
b. Be a member of anti-terrorist group
c. Believe whatever one wishers
d. Be free from unwarranted publicity
e. Build one’s home wherever he/she chooses
7. Every defendant in a criminal case has a right to counsel chiefly because _____.
a. A counsel is indispensable in the trial.
b. It is difficult to get an acquittal without a counsel.
c. Prosecuting attorneys are capable of proving innocent people guilty.
d. There is a great risk of being adjudge when one does not have a counsel.
e. The law is concerned in seeing that every defendant has adequate opportunities to present his/her case.
8. At least how many years must a presidential candidate reside in the Philippines before running for public office?
9. All of the following are manifestation of the sovereignty of the people. EXCEPT the right to ______.
a. Define the jurisdiction of their government.
b. Define the powers of their government.
c. Constitute their own government
d. Change their government
e. Criticize their government
10. A member of the House of Representative is disqualified to serve for more than ______.
a. two consecutive terms
b. three consecutive terms
c. four consecutive terms
d. a total of three terms
e. a total of four terms
11. All of the following are the power of Congress, EXCEPT to _____.
a. Declare the existence of war
b. Declare executive acts unconstitutional
c. Override the veto of the President
d. Revoke the proclamation of martial law
e. Prescribe the qualifications of judges of lower courts
12. Only natural-born citizens of the Philippines are qualified for the following positions, EXCEPT one. Which is the exception?
c. Chief Justice
e. Deputy Ombudsman
13. Records or documents pertaining to any one of the following falls within the concept of established privilege and are NOT made available to any requesting public EXCEPT _____.
a. Closed-door Cabinet sessions
b. Executive sessions of Congress
c. Financial Transactions
d. Deliberations of the Supreme Court
e. Drafts of decisions of the Court of Appeals
14. Which of the following is NOT a right of a person under investigation for all committing of offense?
a. To be informed of the person’s right to remain silent
b. To be informed of the nature and cause of accusations against the person
c. To be provided with a free counsel
d. To demand that the person be allowed to stay at home during investigation without police escort
e. To have a competent and independent counsel preferable of the person’s own choice.
15. No person shall be deprived of his/her property without due process. This means that ______.
a. Talking of private property is illegal
b. Tenants cannot be ejected from the house they occupy without due process
c. It is illegal to demolish squatters’ shanties even there is a court order
d. Regulations on the construction of buildings require approval of the people
e. Seizure by the government of any private property should always be in accordance with the law
16. A pact between or among two or more states intended to create a binding of rights and obligations upon the parties is known as _____.
a. An agreement
b. A contract
c. A treaty
d. A debenture
e. A pledge
17. Which of the following rights ensure the well-being of the individual and foster the preservation, enrichment, and dynamic evolution of national culture based on the principle of unity in diversity in climate of free artistic and intellectual expression?
a. Political right
b. Inherent rights
c. Civil rights
d. Cultural rights
e. Economic and social rights
18. For expeditious proceeding of documents, except otherwise provided by law or regulation, how many initials or signatures must any written decision contain?
19. At least how many years after the Constitution has been ratified may the people propose amendments through initiative?
20. What is the general compulsory retirement age of civil servants?