This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 1 of Professional Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Patrons Saints usually visited by Filipinos to ask for help to Pass the Board Exam
|Top 10 superstitious beliefs practiced by Filipinos to pass the board exam
|Things to do while waiting for the result of your board exam
Professional Education Part 1
Choose the letter of the best answer in each questions.
1. “Freedom and authority are not antagonistic, moreover, freedom is the legitimate offspring of authority.” Which of the following situation best illustrate the above principle?
a. Parents and teachers personifying authority and discipline.
b. Children learn freedom by being inhibited in their conduct.
c. Students are free to do what law allows.
d. Teacher carries a mantle of authority in a domineering manner.
2. The relationship between education and culture tends to be cyclical. This means that __________.
a. the school serves as a channel where individuals learn their culture.
b. it is the school’s primary function to transmit culture and is an agent of change.
c. the school system transmit culture and the classroom is the agent of transmission.
d. The school is shaped by culture and culture is, in turn, influenced by the school.
3. According to J. Dewey, “Education is a continuous process of experiencing and revising or reorganizing experiences. This means that education ________________.
a. takes place formally or informally to enable the individual to grow
b. is never completed and goes on throughout life
c. may take place anywhere and anytime the individual desires
d. takes place in school where learner is exposed to specific, self-contained experiences
4. Which of the current classroom practices is influenced by Skinner’s Operant Conditioning?
a. connection between stimulus and response
b. involuntary response to a stimulus
c. reinforcement of correct practices
d. progression of subordinate learning
5. The primary objective of bilingual education is to prepare learners to be ____________.
a. globally competitive
b. proficient in Filipino and other major dialects
c. proficient in both English and Filipino
d. proficient in Filipino and another foreign language
6. The principle of Individual Differences require teachers to ______________.
a. give more attention to the gifted students
b. treat all learners alike while in the classroom
c. provide varied learning activities to suit individual needs
d. provide modules for slow learners in the class
7. “All learning is bond-connecting.” Which of the following is this Principle not applicable?
8. Which of the following statements regarding professional teachers is the major difference in the professionalizing of teachers and teaching as embodied in PD 1006 and R.A. 7836?
a. appointed on full time basis and on permanent status
b. holder of valid professional certificate of registration
c. assigned at the tertiary level in both private and state colleges and universities
d. assigned at the elementary and secondary levels in both public and private schools
9. How is Values Education offered in the National Secondary Education Curriculum (NESC)?
a. integrated in all subject areas
b. offered as a separate subject
c. emphasized in MAKABAYAN subjects
d. integrated with T.H.E subjects
10. What is the most important principle that a teacher should follow in initiating a program of positive reinforcement?
a. conduct peer approval and recognition
b. punish negative behaviour and reward positive behaviour
c. provide regular opportunities for socially – acceptable behaviour
d. reward should come immediately after appropriate behaviour
11. The history of curriculum development includes the hidden curriculum approach. What is the context emphasis of this approach?
a. introspection and choice
b. student experiences and activities
c. implicit processes and social norms
d. student needs and interests
12. What type of justice implies the duty of one individual to give another what is due him?
a. distributive justice
b. commutative justice
c. social justice
d. penal justice
13. Which thrust on values formation is intended to help the students identify and be aware of their values?
a. values integration
b. values clarification
c. values enhancement
d. moral development
14. Which among these goals for change is espoused by the “Moral Recovery Program?”
a. sense of justice, sense of national pride and of seriousness
b. sense of national pride, sense of seriousness and sense of common good
c. sense of seriousness, of common goal and sense of justice and outrage over its’ violations
d. sense of national pride, of common good and justice and outrage over its’ violations
15. Which of the following runs counter to the development of honesty and good governance?
a. transparency in barangay operations and other organizations thru public reporting
b. vigilance in the use of weights and measures used in the market
c. equal payment of government employees productivity pay
d. payment of just wages to workers and employees
16. Which statement holds true to values clarification?
a. values are independent of time, place and persons; is meant to help students get at their own feelings and ideas
b. no person has the right set of values to pass on to others; is meant to let the students understand their own feelings, ideas and beliefs
c. values are objective
d. values are independent of time
17. Which of the following is NOT a goal of true authority?
a. to help, form and guide others
b. to set examples for/ to others
c. to coerce other to do what the authorities what them to do
d. to bring out the best in others
18. The Philippine Education Act of 1982 define the areas of concern of the three levels if educational system. What is the mission of the elementary education?
a. to mould an effective and efficient teacher
b. to establish a relevant and responsive quality education
c. to produce an enlightened, disciplined, creative and productive citizen
d. create a modern and up-to-date methods of teaching and materials
19. Free public elementary and secondary education is in line with the government’s effort to address educational problems of ___________.
b. relevance and quality
c. effectiveness and efficiency
d. access and equity
20. “Men are built not born” as what John Watson said. This statement points to ___________
a. effect of heredity
b. absence of genetic influence on a person’s development
c. effect of environmental stimulation on a person’s development
d. ineffectiveness of training on a person’s development