This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 17 of Professional Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Top 10 best food to eat for effective board exam review.|
|Not passing the board exam does not mean you are not smart.|
|There are two sides of the coin, to pass the board exam or to fail it|
Professional Education Part 17
Choose the letter of the best answer in each questions.
1.Each teacher is said to be a trustee of the cultural and education heritage of the nation and is obliged to transmit to learners such heritage. Which practice helps him/her fulfill such obligation?
a. Observe continuing professional education and education and be the best teacher
b. Teacher the latest instructional technology to children
c. Teach community life and culture worth e emulating
d. Supplant indigenous culture with foreign culture
2. Pursuant to the provision of Article ⅩⅠⅤ, Sec. 1 of the Philippine Constitution, which DepED policy may help attain the mandate that the State shall protect and promote the right of all citizens to quality education?
Ⅰ. Revision of the BEC
Ⅱ. Hiring and recruitment policy
Ⅲ. Accreditation of the schools
Ⅳ. Strengthen the role of educational supervisors
a. Ⅲ and Ⅳ
b. Ⅰ and Ⅱ
c. Ⅱ and Ⅲ
d. Ⅰ and Ⅳ
3. The Philippine Constitution mandates that “religion shall be allowed to be taught in the public elementary and high schools. What is required from parents/guardians for the learners to attend religious instruction?
a. verbal permit
b. written permit
c. Text permit
d. no permit needed
4. who should teach religion?
a. Designated instructors by the religious authorities
b. Designated regular teachers in the school
c. Contractual teachers hired by the local government
d. Part time teachers paid by the PTA
5. In the Education Act of 1982, which is Not a teacher’s right?
a. Free expression of opinion and suggestions
b. Joining labor organizations promoting teachers’ welfare
c. Free legal service for cases connected with professional duties
d. filing anonymous complaint against superiors
6. Which are teachers’ obligations?
Ⅰ. Accountable for the effective attainment of learning objectives
Ⅱ. Render reports on performance of learning
Ⅲ. Maintain and sustain professional growth
Ⅳ. Participate as an agent of social moral, intellectual and cultural change
a. Ⅰ, Ⅱ, Ⅲ
b. Ⅲ, Ⅳ, Ⅴ
c. Ⅰ, Ⅱ, Ⅲ, Ⅳ
d. Ⅲ, Ⅰ, Ⅳ, Ⅱ
7. That the quality of Philippine education is declining was the result of a study by EDCOM which recommended to __________ teachers and teaching.
8. The language problem was identified in the studies and surveys conducted as early as 1929. The proposal to solve the problem is the use of the _____ for instruction from Grade 1 to 3.
b. first language
9. The Early Childhood Care and Development Act provides for the promotion Of the rights of children for survival and development, Which of the following statements is NOT among its objectives?
a. Enhance the role of parents as the primary caregivers and educators of their children from birth onwards.
b. Facilitate a smooth transition from care and education provided at home to community or school-based setting and primary schools.
c. Assist the LGUs in their endeavor to prepare the child for adulthood
d. Enhance the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, psychological, spiritual and language development of young children.
10. Basic education is intended to play to lay the foundation on which subsequent learning can be based. Which is NOT part of basic education.
a. Early childhood education
b. Elementary education
c. Secondary education
d. Tertiary education
11. The basic policy of the Education of 1982 or Batas Pambansa Blg. 232 is to establish and maintain a complete, adequate and integrated system of education relevant to the goals of national development. Which of the following is NOT covered by this Act?
a. Private schools
b. Literacy classes
c. Sunday school
d. Multigrade classes
12. The terms ethnicity, minority, multiculturalism, and diversity are integral to the understanding of cultural proficiency in teaching. Religion is a component of culture What constitutional provision refers to religious instruction?
a. The parents of guardians may express in writing that religion shall be allowed to be taught within regular hours by instructors designated or approved by the religious authorities of the religion to which the children belong.
b. Religion may be taught in Values Education/Character Education by the classroom teacher.
c. Public elementary and high schools may offer religion as an optional curricular subject
d. Religion is a required subject in all private elementary and high schools.
13. Republic Act. No.8491 is known as the “Flag and Heraldic Code of the Philippines.” This Act declares that flag, the anthem, and other national symbols which embody the national ideals and traditions and which express the principles of sovereignty and national solidarity.” Flags which have become worn out through wear and tear shall be ______________.
a. thrown away
b. solemnly burned
c. kept in storage section
d. washed, and given to schools without flags
14. What is the legal basis of shared governance in basic education?
a. RA 7160
b. RA 9942
c. RA 9155
d. RA 7844
15. On which philosophical foundations is reflective teaching grounded?
Ⅰ. Plato’s contemplation of eternal truths
Ⅱ. Aristotle’s basic method of inquiry
Ⅲ. Rationalist’s superiority of reason
a. Ⅰ, Ⅱ and Ⅲ
b. Ⅱ and Ⅲ
c. Ⅰ and Ⅲ
d. Ⅰ and Ⅱ
16. According to Plato’ “the best life is one of contemplation of eternal truths. “ What is an application of the thought in the classroom?
a. Make students and teachers reflect on their learning
b. Take reflective students as anti-social and unmotivated.
c. Emphasize on the use of the five senses.
d. Begin your classes with a prayer.
17. “The highest happiness is the contemplative use of the mind” , said Plato. Therefore, let us give more opportunity for our students to do _________.
b. cooperation learning
c. social interaction
d. role playing
18. Mencius believed that all people were born good. This thought on the innate goodness of people makes it easier for us to _______ our pupils.
19. When we teach our objections to fatalism and determinism, our thought goes with __________,
20. When we convince our students that pleasure is not the only good in life, we object to the teachings of __________.