This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 18 of Professional Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|3 Effective Prayers Before, During and After the Board Examination|
|Top 5 risky behaviors to avoid during board exam reviews.|
|Top 5 big mistakes when learning during board exam reviews.|
Professional Education Part 18
Choose the letter of the best answer in each questions.
1.Which refers to the trait of practicing conflicting values in different venues and with different social groups
b. “Kanya-kanya” mentality
2. After having been humiliated by Teacher A, Student B evaluates that teacher very poorly despite Teacher A’s good teaching performance. Which trait is illustrated by is expresses by the student’s “bahala na “
3. Student C says ‘’ bahala na’’ and brave the storm for a test. In this situation which is expressed by the student’s ‘’bahala na’’?
a. Willingness to take risks
b. Lack of self-reliance
d. Lack of foresight
4. a father used to tell daughter “You are woman. You are meant for the and so for you, going to school is not necessary.’’ Is the father correct?
a. No, there is such a thing as gender equality in education
b. Yes, because woman is meant to be mothers
c. It depends on the place where the daughter and father live
d. No, today there are a lot of woman who do the job of men.
5. Despite opposition from some school officials, DepED has continuously enforced the ‘’no collection of fees’’ policy during enrolment period for public schools. Is this policy in accordance with WFA goals?
a. No, it violates the mandate of quality education
b. Yes, it supports equitable access to basic education
c. Yes, it somewhat eliminates gender disparities
d. No, it does not support parent or adult education.
6. It is said that some private school employ teachers without license. Is that in accordance with Philippines Teachers’ Professionalization Act?
a. Yes, provided the teacher has at least five years of teaching experience
b. Yes, the Teachers’ Professionalization Act applies only to teachers in government schools.
c. No, the license as a requirement for teaching applies to teachers in both public and private schools.
d. No, except it the teacher has very satisfactory performance continuously in the past five years.
7. Is there a legal basis for increasing the teachers’ salary to P18,000 a month?
a. Yes, the Philippines Constitution
b. No, it is simply an act of benevolence
c. Yes, R.A. 7836
d. No it is a gift from Congress for teachers.
8. A high school graduate was refuse admission to a university on the grounds that he failed the admission test. The student insisted that he had the right to be admitted and the act was a violation of his right to education. Was the student CORRECT?
a. No, the university may refuse the student in its exercise of academic freedom
b. Yes, education is everyone’s right
c. Yes, especially if he belongs to the Indigenous Peoples’ group
d. No, if the university is exclusively for girls
9. As provided for in the Education Act of 1982, how do the institution of learning encourage to set higher standard of quality over the minimum required for state recognition?
a. Academic freedom
b. Continuing Professional Education
c. Granting of Special Permit
d. Voluntary accreditation
10. “Back to the basic” movement was launched by the then DECS, now DepED, not only to upgrade pupil achievement but also to__________.
a. emphasizes the importance of the 3Rs
b. encourages pupils to study
c. serves as the basic for a learning continuum
d. development thinking skills
11. According to plato, “the best life is one of contemplation of eternal truths”. What is an application of this thought in the classroom?
a. Make students and teachers reflect on their learning
b. Take reflective students as anti-social and unmotivated
c. Emphasize on the use of the five senses
d. Begin classes with a prayers
12. “The highest happiness is the contemplative use of the mind”, said Plato Therefore, let us give more opportunities for our students to do ____.
b. cooperative learning
c. social interaction
d. role playing
13. Mencius believed that all people were born good. This thought on the innate goodness of people makes it easier to ______ our pupils.
14. Teacher Maria sees to it that her classroom is clean and orderly so her pupils will less likely disarrange seats and litter on the floor. On which thought is her action based?
15. Teacher Sally is of the thinking that from the very start students must be made to realize that study is indeed hard work. To which philosophy does Teacher sally adhere?
16. If your students appear to be more interested in a topic outside your planned lesson for the day, you set aside your lesson play for the day and take the opportunity discuss the topic of particular interest to your students. Strike the iron while it is hot! Which philosophy governs your action?
17. “Specialization is knowing more and more about less and less”. Then it is better to be a generalist, claims Teacher Lani. On which philosophy does Teacher Lani Lane?
18. What can be said of teachers in Group 1? The group adheres to ________ philosophy of education.
a. an essentialist
c. a progressivist
d. a perennialist
19. To what education philosophy does Group 2 adhere?
20. To which educational philosophy is Group 3 oriented?