This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 20 of TLE. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Patrons Saints usually visited by Filipinos to ask for help to Pass the Board Exam|
|Top 10 superstitious beliefs practiced by Filipinos to pass the board exam|
|Things to do while waiting for the result of your board exam|
TLE Part 20
1. When a designer or an ordinary person translates his or her design idea with the use only of paper and pencil, what is the name of the activity?
a. architectural delineation
b. freehand sketching
c. geometric construction
2. After the 2-dimensional drawings are done and all the shapes and sizes being laid-out next step to be executed to complete the process is called ______.
d. shape and size description
3. With the help of drawing instruments such as T-square and triangles one produces quick and accurate delineations for an intended project. The process is considered as ______.
b. pictorial drawing
d. shape and size descriptions
4. Technical drafting the manipulation of the elements of geometry to make accurate description of shapes. Which term is referred to by engineers?
a. blueprint reading
b. geometric construction
c. line weights
5. Objects to be drawn are not always solid in nature and if we want to explain complex object to the reader of our blueprints, we need an imaginary cut through a component (part) or an assembly drawing to portray exactly what is inside. This element is called _______.
b. parallel perspective
6. To make drawing look more professional, the notes, dimensions and other specification must be professionally executed. In manual drafting this is called ______.
a. lettering by hand
c. drawing of views
7. In various engineering fields multiple line weights tare being used to emphasize or deemphasize areas of a drawing, It is also standardized in order for a uniform interpretation of drawings. The term is called ______.
a. horizontal line
b. center line
c. drawing of views
8. It is about placing units of measure to the height, width and length of an object to convey accurate instructions to produce that part. In old English it is called “dimensions”. In drafting this means ______.
9. Which is a method of representing the exact shape and size of an object drawn to scale on “set of planes” of projection? It is also known as 3-view drawing.
a. orthographic projection
b. perspective construction
c. isometric drawing
d. fourth dimension
10. Which technique in pictorial drawings appear like dimensional but the lines are exactly 30 degrees from the horizontal part of the object?
a. Isometric drawing
b. Cabinet drawing
c. Oblique drawing
d. Perspective drawing
11. As far as the appearance of the drawing is concerned, it is the most important part for the usefulness of the drawing it can be ruined of it is done carelessly.
Which referred to?
12. There are six secrets of lettering namely: form proportion, stability, density, spacing. Identify the sixth secret by completing this adage “a good drafts man will never letter without the use of ______.
c. horizontal lines
13. Five guidelines are accepted in the drafting fielded. Which of them are laid our to touch the capital letter C aside from the base line?
a. base line
b. cap line
c. drop line
d. waist line
14. Which of these are positioned to limit letter g aside from the waist line?
a. cap line
b. drop line
c. waist line
d. base line
15. Of the many styles of letters, the most commonly used are script or italics, gothic, old english and roman. Which of them is most commonly used for college diploma?
b. Script or Italics
c. Old English
16. Extended letters of a given height are more legible while compressed letters are used when ______.
a. space id limited
b. space is wide
c. space is limitless
d. space is narrow
17. Time is gold so a drafter must not get into a habit of making excessively time consuming letters, single-stroke letters are advised with ______.
a. rapidly of strokes
d. free and natural fashion
18. A grade 9 student understood that the roman letters consist of thick and thin lines and was asking to himself what were those small thin lines at the end of every letter except 0? In the drafting field the lines are called ______.
c. dash line
19. Prior to the introduction of computer-aided design and drafting there are tools in lettering which are made of either plastic or aluminum on which the drafter just traced the letter using a technical pen to produce each letter. The instrument is called ______.
a. lettering template
b. lettering box
c. Leroy guide
d. pressure-sensitive guide
20. For beginning drafters the suggested height of letters to practice first is 6mm and then shift to a height of ______.