This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 5 of TLE. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Top 5 risky behaviors to avoid during board exam reviews|
|Top 5 big mistakes when learning during board exam reviews|
|10 effective tips to pass the Licensure Examination for Teachers|
TLE Part 5
1. Which us the kinetic energy of falling water?
a. thermo energy
b. hydrogen energy
c. solar energy
d. mechanical energy
2. Which is a solar collector that is capable of producing voltage when exposed to radiant energy (sunlight)?
b. Photovoltaic system
c. Photoemission system
d. Solar light
3. Energy derived or extracted from the internal heat of earth is called _____ energy.
4. Which refers to the extraction of electrons form a substance by sunlight in incident electromagnetic radiation?
a. Photoelectric effect
b. Photovoltaic effect
d. Electron microscopy
5. Which statement is true?
a. bigger size of wire has higher resistance
b. bigger size of wire has lower resistance
c. long wire has lesser resistance
d. short wire has higher resistance
6. A small bulb with a resistance of 1000 ohms is connected across a 120-v line. What is the current through the bulb?
a. 1.2 A
b. 0.012 A
c. 0.12 A
d. 12 A
7. A 200.v lamp ha a resistance of 400 ohms. The power rating in watts of lamp is ______.
8. If 18 resistance, each of a value of 36 ohms, are connected in parallel, then the total resistance is ______.
a. 36 ohms
b. 2 ohms
c. 648 ohms
d. 54 ohms
9. A toaster takes 10A from a 120v line. The power used is ______.
10. What is the ohms of a 100w, 110v incandescent lamp?
a. 121 ohms
c. 125 ohms
d. 12.1 ohms
11. How many kilowatts is the water heater if it draws a current of 10 amperes and ha resistance of 23 ohms?
a. 12 Kw
b. 2 300 Kw
c. 230 Kw
d. 2.3 Kw
12. The resistance of an electrical wire is inversely proportional to its ______.
b. cross sectional area
13. A fluorescent lamp unit collected to a 110v AC line takes 1.2A and requires 110 w power. What is its power factor?
a. 0.9 Kw
b. 2 300 Kw
c. 230 Kw
d. 2.3 Kw
14. An electric heater uses 20kw-hr 8 hours. If the voltage across the heater is 240 volts. What is the heater resistance?
a. 2.5 ohms
b. 83.3 ohms
c. 23.04 ohms
d. 2.30 ohms
15. The resistance of a 230v incandescent lamp is 200 ohms. What current is required to operate the lamp?
a. 0.85 A
b. 0.77 A
c. 1.30 A
d. 7. 74 A
16. A group of lamps operates a current of 12A and a voltage of 120v. What is the total power of the lamps?
17. What is the maximum load capacity of 15A circuit breaker protecting a branch circuit that supplies a continuous load?
18. What is the horsepower rating of an electric water pump if it has a power rating of 1.75 Kw?
a. 2 hp
b. 2.3 hp
c. 2.5 hp
d. 23 hp
19. How many kilowatts does a certain appliance consumes for 5 hrs. of use if it has a power rating of 1.5 hp
a. 56 Kw
b. 7.5 Kw
c. 5.6 Kw
d. 754 hp
20. A cell supplies a load current 0.5A for a period 20 hours until its terminal voltage can it be expected to supply a current of 100 mA?
a. 50 hours
b. 100 hours
c. 60 hours
d. 70 hours