This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 10 of Professional Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Tips to overcome PANIC during board exam|
|Best time schedule for review and tips on how to follow it strictly|
|Self-Review vs Review Center: Which is of more advantage to you?|
Professional Education Part 10
Choose the letter of the best answer in each questions.
1.For quality professional development, teachers must consider the NCBTS, which are the established standards for good teaching in the Philippines. What is meant by the acronym NCBTS?
a. National Competency-Based Teacher Standards
b. National Competency-Based Teaching Standards
c. National Competency-Basic Teacher Standards
d. National Competency-Basic Teaching Standards
2. You are very much interested in quality professional development program for teachers. What characteristic should you look for?
a. Depends on the availability of founds
b. Prescribed by top educational leaders
c. Responsive to identified teachers’ needs
d. Required for renewal of professional license
3 How do you know a program for teachers’ professional development that meets high standard form one that does not? Quality professional development helps teachers to ________.
a. gets intrinsically motivated to grow continuously
b. earns MA units for ranking purposes
c. put themselves far above their students
4. “Once a teacher, forever a student.” What does the statement imply about quality personal and professional development for teacher?
a. The teacher is able to teach his/her students.
b. The teacher learns from his/her students
c. It is continuing
d. Personal and professional development calls for teacher’s exposure to students.
5. To ensure high standards of teachers’ personal and professional development, which measure must be implemented?
Ⅰ. A school head plans the professional development of his/her teachers.
Ⅱ. Every teacher formulates his/her own professional development plan.
Ⅲ. The implementation of what is learned in training must be monitored.
a. I and Ⅱ
b. Ⅱ only
c. Ⅰ only
d. Ⅱ and Ⅲ
6. Societal change requires continually deep- seated questions about “good” living. Which of these did Socrates recognize as the greatest of the human virtues?
b. Fair justice
7. Which competencies are expected of BEEd and BSEd graduates?
Ⅰ. Higher level literacy and critical thinking
Ⅱ. Principled understanding of the learning processes
Ⅲ. Assuming the responsibility to sustain professional growth.
Ⅳ. Acting as an agent of change
a. Ⅲ and Ⅳ
d. Ⅰ and Ⅲ
8. Which of the following is BEST implied by quality and relevant teacher development initiatives?
a. Lifelong learning
b. Focus on the non-performers
c. Capacity building of educational community
d. Mentoring of who share the latest ideas about teaching and learning
9. Teachers are required to make an individual plan for professional Development
(IPPD). This is based on the philosophy that the teacher is a “lifelong learner. “The NCBTS provides the steps for ___________ assessment in making the IPPD.
10 to ensure high standards of the teacher’s personal and professional development, what tool/instrument was developed by the DepED for self-assessment?
11. This self-assessment tool which is used nationwide is one of the bases in planning the _______ training of teachers.
12. The results of the LET revealed the low performance of future teachers. In April 2010 only 15% of the BEEd and 25% of BSEd graduates passed. What do the results imply?
a. More training be given to BEEd students
b. Review existing teacher education curriculum vis-à-vis TOS
c. Determent selective admission in TEIS
13. The Domain on Social Regard for Learning in the NCBTS focuses on teacher ‘s actions and demonstrating value for learning for learning. Which are the indicators for these actions?
Ⅰ. Model the value of punctuality
Ⅱ. Consider the influence of teacher’s behavior on learners
Ⅲ. Use cooperative learning activities
Ⅳ. Communicate higher expectations
a. Ⅲ and Ⅳ
b. Ⅰ and Ⅱ
c. Ⅰ and Ⅲ
d. Ⅱ and Ⅳ
14. The new Performance Appraisal System for Teachers (PAST) is ________.
15. What characterizes the formative developmental nature of PAST?
16. which are the job-embedded requirements for teachers and so must continuously develop themselves in these aspects?
Ⅰ. Maintains update pupils/student school records.
Ⅱ. Conducts action research
Ⅲ. Maintains harmonious relationship with stakeholders
Ⅳ. Channels and guide learners
17. The teacher performance results provide continual ___ to professional development.
18. Which two competencies are demonstrated and practiced during the Field Study and Practice Teaching Courses?
Ⅰ. Teaching Assistance
Ⅱ. Grading learner’s performance
Ⅲ. Interpersonal relationship
Ⅳ. Materials development
a. Ⅱ and Ⅲ
b. Ⅲ and Ⅳ
c. Ⅰand Ⅳ
d. Ⅱ and Ⅳ
19. Which of these skills must a teacher develop that will enable him/her to look at problems as opportunities?
Ⅰ. Addressing problems as fast as possible
Ⅱ. Remaining alert to the possibility
Ⅲ.Foster sense of accomplishment
Ⅳ.Promote sense of belonging
20. As a professional teacher you must be good at interactive communication. What does interactive communication include?
Ⅰ. Person-to- person e-mail correspondence
Ⅱ. Interaction through simulations and models
Ⅲ. Electronic mailing list, video conferencing, chat rooms
Ⅳ. Group interaction in virtual learning space or audio communications
a. Ⅰ and Ⅱ
b. Ⅱ and Ⅲ
c. Ⅰ,Ⅱ and Ⅲ
d. Ⅰ,Ⅱ,Ⅲ and Ⅳ