This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 14 of Professional Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Board exams best preparatory study tips: Ultimate guide to ace your board exams|
|How I Passed LET In One Take: Your Ultimate Guide to Real Challenge|
|Absolute Guide to Essential Things Needed to Bring On the Day of LET|
Professional Education Part 14
Choose the letter of the best answer in each questions.
1.The vision of basic education in BESRA is to “make every Filipino functionally literate, “Which of the following operationally defines functional literacy?
a. Able to read, write and compute
b. Able to read, write, letters, and solve problems
c. Able to read, write compute and apply these skills in their daily lives
d. Able to read with understanding, write one’s thoughts and compute word problems
2. Which of the following is NOT a domain of the competency-based standards for teachers?
a. Resource Planning
b. Community Linkages
c. Social regard for Learning
d. Planning, Assessing and report
3. special education celebrates its 100th year as a thrust of DepEd. Meeting the educational needs of gifted students is challenging. Which of these is NOT a specialized program for the girted?
a. One Curriculum fits-all
b. Learning Clusters
c. Self-directed Learning
d. Honor Classes
4. Which principle is underscored in the overall efforts of the DepED to provide assistance and resources for preschool education?
a. The rate of development in unique to each individual.
b. Early development is unique to each individual
c. Early childhood education is required of primary education.
d. Provision of assistance is expected of the leadership.
5. Teachers should be encouraged to teach folk knowledge because ______.
a. this is in keeping with indigenization of the curriculum
b. folk knowledge is crucial in facing the basics of daily living
c. folk knowledge is included in the National Achievement Test.
d. teaching folk knowledge is a mandate of DepED
6. Children learn how to open a coconut and other common chores in a coconut farm. In this instance, culture is transmitted by ________.
7.Which of these activities indicates that teachers value their status as role models?
a. Accomplishing learners’ report card
b. Holding on to their job despite the difficulties
c. Being popular to get a promotion
d. Upholding the Code of ethics
8. Which of these does NOT illustrate equality as a central theme of educational opportunity?
a. Free basic education is provided by the government
b. Equity prevails within a given locality since local taxes provide support for schools.
c. Children from diverse backgrounds attend the same school.
9. Which of the following statements is NOT true as regards the relationship between social class and social selection system?
a. The social composition of a fourth year class is similar to that of the first year
b. The greater number of high school graduates who apply for college entrance examination are from higher-status groups.
c. More children from higher-status groups aim for higher education
d. Secondary school graduates with higher grades and high family status are more likely to attend better college or universities.
10. John Dewey’s major contributions to the sociological foundations of education which are still very much recognized today are the following EXCEPT ONE.
a. “True education “ is transmission of knowledge
b. Education is a social process beginning unconsciously at birth
c. School is a continuation of home: activities at home continue at school.
d. Facilitating education means being aware of the social condition of child.
11. In schools, particularly in the lower grades where children come from diverse backgrounds, teachers are expected to use varied approaches effectively. Which approach/es would be appropriate for such diversity?
Ⅰ. Differentiated teaching approaches
Ⅱ. A variety of instructional materials
Ⅲ. Multi-media materials
Ⅳ. Multi-lingual approach
a. Ⅰ,Ⅱ and Ⅲ
b. Ⅰ and Ⅳ
c. Ⅳ only
d. Ⅰ,Ⅱ,Ⅲ and Ⅳ
12. Critical thinking in recent years has become a concern in education not only in the Philippines but also the world over. The cognitive, effective and psychomotor components are put to focus. Which of the following competencies clearly distinguish the critical thinker?
Ⅰ. Estimates and evaluates
Ⅱ. Offers opinions and judgments
Ⅲ. Notes relationships cursorily
Ⅳ. Hypothesizes and concludes
c. Ⅰ and Ⅳ
d. Ⅱand Ⅲ
13. Inclusion is a basic right of every Filipino child as mandated in the Philippine Constitution, R.A. 7277 or the Magna Carta for Disable Persons and EFA 2015. What fundamental changes have to be operationalized in inclusive education?
Ⅰ. Philosophy of education
Ⅱ. Relevant curriculum
Ⅳ. Home study program
Ⅴ. Structural organization
a. Ⅱ,Ⅲ and Ⅴ
b. Ⅰ,Ⅳ and Ⅴ
c. Ⅰ,Ⅱ,Ⅲ and Ⅴ
d. Ⅱ,Ⅳ and V
14. Which of the education provisions are contained in Republic Act 7277 or the Magna Carta for disabled Persons?
Ⅰ. Special Education
Ⅱ. Access to education
Ⅲ. Rehabilitation Services
Ⅳ. Assistance to disable persons
a. Ⅰ,Ⅱ and Ⅲ
b. Ⅰ,Ⅱ and Ⅳ
c. Ⅰ and Ⅱ
d. Ⅲ and Ⅳ
15. An Individual Education Plan (IEP) for a child with disability has to be prepared by the ______
Ⅰ. Regular and special educators, parents and medical specialists, if available
Ⅱ. Special education teachers and parents
Ⅲ. special education teachers
Ⅳ. Psychologist and therapists
a. Ⅰ only
b. Ⅱ only
c. Ⅳ only
d. Ⅲ and Ⅳ
16. Which is the best reason for providing early intervention program to children with disabilities, ages 0 to 3 years old?
a. Prevent labeling at an early age
b. Ensure inclusion or enrolment in regular classes
c. Identify strengths and weaknesses for instruction purposes
d. Address developmental tag and prevent acquiring additional disabilities
17. Which of these is a teacher’s acceptable view of change?
a. Change disrupts routine
b. Change is an opportunity
c. Change is self-serving
d. Change rewards initiators.
18. Which of the intelligences BEST characterizes Gain Dapul?
d. Mathematical/ musical / interpersonal
19. Which of the learner-centered psychological principles were not considered by the mathematics teacher when he gave the class “30 problems in 50 minutes.”
Ⅰ. Cognitive and Metacognitive
Ⅱ. Motivational and Affective
Ⅲ. Developmental and Social
Ⅳ. Individual Difference Factors
Ⅴ. Standards and Assessment
b. Ⅰ,Ⅱ and Ⅲ
d. Ⅰ,Ⅱ and Ⅳ
20. Which of the following topics may be the focus of discussion for INSET so as the act committed by the mathematics teacher can be avoided?
a. Facilitating learning and four A’s
b. Measuring quantity and quality of learning
c. Curriculum development and assessment of learning
d. Reflective teaching and strategic thinking