This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 25 of Professional Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Top 10 best food to eat for effective board exam review.|
|Not passing the board exam does not mean you are not smart.|
|There are two sides of the coin, to pass the board exam or to fail it|
Professional Education Part 25
1.What disciplinary actions are imposed on teachers violating the provision of the Code of Ethics?
Ⅰ. Revocation of the Certificate of registration and license
Ⅱ. Suspension from the practice of teaching
Ⅲ. Cancellation of temporary or special permit
a. Ⅰ only
c. Ⅱ only
d. Ⅰ and Ⅱ
2. The Code of Ethics stipulates that the accountability of teachers includes his/her participation in __________.
a. community linkages
b. Teaching religion
c. political activities
d. continuing professional education
3. Ranking of teacher applicants based on LET rating, college GPA, demo teaching interview, etc. is in accordance with the hiring principle of the __________
b. selective retention
c. selective admission to the profession
4. In a PTA meeting where contribution for a PTA fund raising project was discussed, a parent with three children enrolled in the school pleaded that she may not be changed the total of P900 (since each child is asked P300) because it was beyond her financial capacity. the teacher adviser answered, “Marami kasi kayong anak; wala na tayong magawa dyan!” To maintain your cordial relations with parents, which could be the BEST answer?
a. “We understand your plight. Let’s find out how we can help. Do you have any proposal?”
b. This was agreed upon by all of you. This amount did not come from me nor from anyone. Unless everyone in this meeting now changes his/her mind.”
c. “We feel for you. But agreement is agreement unless we erase what we agreed upon from the very start.”
d. “It may be quite late to raise the question. This should have been raised in the first meeting.”
5. A male teacher has photography as sideline. He offers his photography services with discount during school functions like intramurals. Is this ethical
a. No, he is a teacher during intramurals, not a photographer.
b. No, he should not deprive other photographers of their job.
c. Yes, his serviced are much cheaper than those of others and is, Therefore, of great help
d. Yes, his photography service is so personalized that he is able to establish rapport with parents.
6. Teacher A is observed to be a bit aloof from the children of the Aetas. She justifies her action by saying:” We are but human; we cannot like every pupil.” Is she acting ethically?
a. No. under no circumstance shall a teacher be prejudiced against any learner
b. No. unless she has extraordinary reason for being aloof to the Aetas
c. Yes, persons have their own peculiarities and we cannot expect everybody to like us.
d. Yes, because A is not yet engaged in a destructive behavior.
7. Teacher A, a young high school teacher, senses that the oldest student in the class student A, is attracted to her. The attraction is becoming mutual. Is there anything unethical?
Ⅰ. There is if teacher A gives preferential treatment to Student Z and their actions become scandalous
Ⅱ. There is nothing wrong with being attracted to someone. It is what we do with that makes it ethical or unethical
Ⅲ. There is, if the attraction is the beginning of the unethical action.
a. Ⅰ only
b. Ⅱ and Ⅲ
c. Ⅰ and Ⅲ
d. Ⅲ only
8. Teacher D shouts at Juanito: “For misbehaving, you get minus 10 from your score”! Which provision/s in the Code of Ethics for Teachers did she violate?
Ⅰ. No deductions shall be made from students’ scholastic rating as a punishment for misbehavior
Ⅱ. Always maintain a dignified personality
Ⅲ. Under no circumstance shall a teacher be prejudiced nor discriminatory against any learners
a. Ⅰ and Ⅱ
b. Ⅰ and Ⅲ
c. Ⅱ and Ⅲ
9. When a failing student comes to you for help and asks you for extra work so he can pass, what is ethical for you to do?
a. Find out why he is delinquent and extend the needed assistance in solving his difficulties
b. Make the extra work that he is asking extremely difficult for him to learn a lesson
c. Give him the extra work he is asking then if he passes quality work, give him a passing mark
d. Give an easy extra work so he can really be helped to pass.
10. Teacher L does not agree with one legitimate school policy in a memorandum of the school head. What is ethical for him to do?
a. Discuss the policy in class and insinuate to the students his sentiment against the policy
b. Openly express his disagreement against that legitimate policy for he cannot be hypocrite
c. Seek audience with school head to persuade them to abandon such policy
d. Exert an honest effort to understand, support the legitimate policy and request for an audience with the school head
11. According to the Code of Ethics for Professional Teachers, upon which are appointments/promotions/transfers made?
a. Merit and need
c. Exigency of the service
d. Civil status
12. Is there anything unbecoming when teachers sell all sorts of merchandise in school during class hours?
Ⅰ. No, there is none. Better to earn money from one’s honest labor
Ⅱ. Yes, there is. Every teacher should use class hours for teaching
Ⅲ. None, if classes are not disrupted
a. Ⅱ only
b. Ⅰ only
c. Ⅰ and Ⅲ
d. Ⅲ only
13. To create a creativity-inducing environment one should encourage __________.
a. recognition of failures
b. rules of conformity
c. spontaneity by publicity
d. competition and division
14. What teacher development strategy should characterize a program for upgrade the skills of a non-science major to teach physics?
Ⅱ. Theory based
a. Ⅰ and Ⅱ
b. Ⅱ and Ⅲ
c. Ⅲ and Ⅳ
d. Ⅰ and Ⅳ
15. Which activity is characterized by a relationship of mutual trust ans respect, with individuals agreeing to observe each other’s teaching and solving problems together?
a. Group dynamics
c. Peer evaluation
16. Your class has several IP (Indigenous Peoples) children. Which one will facilitate pupils’ learning?
a. Make the IP children feel proud of themselves.
b. Group the class permanently by ethnic origin.
c. Stress the idea that IP children are different from the rest
d. Make the class feel that more is expected of non-IP children
17. Teacher Nenita discourages her students to watch TV excessively. The average student spends about twenty –four hours watching television in a week. According to research, how is learning affected by extensive TV viewing ?
a. Shorter attention span
b. Enhanced creativity
c. Improved thinking ability
d. Improved communication skills
18. The failure of independent study with most Filipino students may be attributed students’ ____.
a. high degree of independent
b. high degree of dependent on authority
c. Unpreparedness for schooling
19. With an increasing variety of family situations, a teacher needs to _____.
a. be careful not to inadvertently offend some student
b. encourages students to improve their family situation
c. assumes that all students want to know a variety of family situations
d. broadens students’ realization of different learning style
20. The adoption of a national language by the 1987 Constitution is designed primarily to ________.
a. does away with colonial mentality
b. facilitate communication among diverse linguistic groups
c. counteract elitism