This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 9 of TLE. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Things to do while waiting for the result of your board exam|
|Tips to overcome PANIC during board exam|
|Best time schedule for review and tips on how to follow it strictly|
TLE Part 9
1. Which is TRUE of a series DC motor with no load?
a. Tends stop or not start
b. Maybe damaged by excessive speed
c. Has reverse direction
d. becomes an AC generator
2. A fuse marked 250V, 650m can be used in circuits with an “open-fuse” supply voltage ______.
a. 125 volts
b. 500 volts
c. 5000 volts
d. 250 volts
3. To prevent transistor from getting hot, use ______.
a. silicon grease
c. heat sink
d. exhaust fan
4. To obtain a higher value of resistance, resistors are ______.
5. Which fuse has its internal fusible wire wrapped around an insulator?
a. a slow-blow type fuse
b. An inductive fuse
c. a capacitive
d. intended for high voltage fuse
6. Which would be considered “basic components of a power supply?”
a. Zener, regulation, transformer
b. Regulate, diode, AC power, load
c. Transformer, bridge, capacitor, load
d. Filter, regulator, rectifier, transformer
7. When two capacitors the rise and fall of alternating current and voltage?
b. Sine wave
8.When two capacitors are connected in parallel the capacitance will ______.
b. since wave
d. increase and decrease
9. Which circuit ha the most gain?
a. common emitter
b. common collector
c. common base
d. emitter follower
10. Which rectifier circuit uses four diodes for its rectification?
a. Half-wave rectification
b. Full-wave Center Tap
c. Full-wave Bridge rectifier
d. Split type
11. When a resistor is open, the resistance ______.
b. gets zero
d. is infinite
12. A low voltage power supply converts ______.
a. AC voltage output
b. Pulsating DC voltage
c. DC output voltage
d. AC and DC voltage outputs
13. When checking an open resistor using an ohmmeter the resistance reads ______.
a. zero level
b. high resistance but within the tolerance
d. low but not zero
14. Moving one plate of a capacitor further away from the other will ______.
a. decrease capacitance
b. increase capacitance
c. decrease voltage rating
d. increasing mutual transactor
15. In checking capacitor to see if it is shorted, open or leaky, you would use the ohmmeter range.
d. you cannot check the capacitor this way
16. A schematic diagram shows the components of an electronic circuit by means of ______.
a. a symbol
b. a construction
c. physical appearance
d. linear appearance
17. If there are only two resistors with the same values in parallel circuit, which formula, may be used o find its total resistance?
b. Rt= (R1xR2) (R1+R2)
18. Image three resistor in parallel, with the values of 22ohms, 17 ohms and 33 ohms. If a 12 V battery is connected across this combination, what is the current drawn from the battery?
19. Which of the following is non-polarized electronic component?
d. electrolytic capacitor
20. The voltage rating found in a capacitor is called _____ voltage.
a. peak reverse