This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 3 of Verbal Ability. In preparation for the Civil Service Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Not passing the board exam does not mean you are not smart.
|There are two sides of the coin, to pass the board exam or to fail it
|Top 10 things to do in case you will not pass the board exam
Verbal Ability Part 3
1. The main protagonist acted out the part with great elan.
a. Enthusiasm and style
b. Great pride
c. Memorize dialogs
d. Supervised movements
2. A breath of fresh air and a change of milieu is what you need to regain your health.
3. He’s a good doctor but instead of working in a big hospital, he opts to practice his profession in remote areas.
4. He dismissed the comment of his immediate superior about him with blithe disregard.
a. Cheerful indifference
b. Heavy heart
d. Deep regret
5. A dash of baby powder and a red lipstick enhanced the beauty of her visage.
6. His long journey ended up in a hamlet at the foot of a great mountain.
a. Small settlement
b. Remote barrio
c. Waterless community
d. Prosperous village
7. The beautiful facade of the building elicited admirations from the guests.
8. Being the scion of a wealthy patriarch, the family enjoys a good life.
9. The impressive lighting produced different hues on her photograph.
a. Colors or shades
10. Installing the big, heavy logo of the company at the 25th floor of the building’s facade is herculean task.
11. Early in the morning, the children frolic at the white sand of the famous beach in Boracay.
b. Play cheerfully
c. Take pictures
12. The latest memo from the HR department elicited invectives from the employees.
13. Her impeccable manners draw out admiration and inspirations from her female co-workers.
14. The wealthy couple celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary in their palatial mansion in Makati’s millionaires’ district.
a. Architecturally – modern
c. Ancestral home
15. His flamboyant personality easily attracts the girls in their neighborhood.
16. You cannot help but notice his profane activities being a religious man himself.
17. She flaunts her new body-hugging spaghetti-strapped dress to attract the attention of the wealthy customers of the cafe.
a. Display ostentatiously
b. Wears with style
c. Unbuttons openly
d. Pulls upward
18. The new project was finished ahead of deadline because they gave it the paramount importance it deserves.
19. Her immaculate image was destroyed by the latest rumors about her that circulated in the social media.
20. Circling the virgin forest is a placid river where you can swim peacefully in the late afternoon and enjoy the cool breeze from the forest.