This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 4 of Verbal Ability. In preparation for the Civil Service Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Top 5 Risky Behaviors to avoid during exam reviews
|Top 5 Big Mistake in Learning during Board Exam Reviews
|Board Exam for Professionals is Important and Absolute in 5 Powerful Reasons
Verbal Ability Part 4
1. After his writing job in the internet, he usually saunters at the small forest park near his home to refresh his mind.
a. Plays with his tablet
b. Outlines his next writing job
c. Takes a nap
d. Walks in a slow, relaxed manner
2. After receiving a lump sum for his pension, he splurged a large amount on clothes and fancy accessories.
a. Deposited immediately
b. Gave generously
c. Spent extravagantly
d. Invested on
3. The zigzag road is perilous to small vehicles.
4. Her penchant for stylish clothes combined with her love for acting earned her a role in a Broadway musical.
5. The newly-crowned Miss Universe basks in the light of international recognition.
6. He was the recipient of the award for model employee of the year.
a. a person or thing that receives
b. someone who gives something
c. a generous person
d. one who borrows
7. He was so occupied that he sends a proxy to a wedding where he is apart of the entourage.
8. The lake attracts thousand of local and foreign tourists because of its unparalleled beauty.
9. The terrain was so unfamiliar that the retreating troops were vanquished easily by the beauty.
a. killed mercilessly
d. defeated thoroughly
10. He was able to free himself from his captors unscathed.
a. without any difficulty
b. without any obstacle
c. without suffering any injury, damage or harm
d. without any noise
11. The volunteer workers in the orphanage treat the orphans and wayward children with motherly solicitude.
a. kindness and generosity
b. care or concern
c. strong commitment
d. perfect discipline
12. The teacher’s instructions were very explicit that everybody understood and performed very well.
a. clear and in detail
b. easy to follow
c. not confusing
d. direct to the point
13. It was unfortunate that the once healthy gym instructor caught a debilitating disease.
a. tending to frighten
b. tending to weaken
c. tending to kill
d. tending to blind
14. In his ten years in office, he was able to amass a great wealth and several properties.
a, gather or accumulate
d. acquire forcibly
15. The newly-opened store attracts more customers because of its lively, easy-to-remember slogan.
16. Everyone in his department hates their irascible superior who is fond of shouting at a small mistake.
b. fond of cussing
17. His cook magazine come out in the market fortnightly.
a. every month
b. every quarter
c. every two weeks
d. every two months
18. He was shaking his head as he looked at the debris of fallen building wrecked by a powerful earthquake.
b. scattered fragments
19. The color of the walls is so drab it needs to be repainted.
a. very ugly
b. drearily dull
c. lacking in elegance
d. simple and common
20. The exquisite design of the building made of corals enthralls the guests of the blessings.