This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 2 of English. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Board exams best preparatory study tips: Ultimate guide to ace your board exams|
|How I Passed LET In One Take: Your Ultimate Guide to Real Challenge|
|Absolute Guide to Essential Things Needed to Bring On the Day of LET 2023|
English Part 2
1. Which approach to language teaching anchors on the behaviorist assumption that language learning is the acquisition of a set of correct language habits and whose goal is to use the target language communicatively, overlearn it, so as to be able to use it automatically?
a. Grammar-Translation Method
b. Direct Method
d. Audio-Lingual Method
2. The curriculum goes through the stages of curriculum planning, curriculum implementation and curriculum evaluation; the production of instructional materials falls under __________.
a. curriculum planning and implementation
b. curriculum planning and evaluation
c. curriculum planning
d. curriculum evaluation
3. An important step in ensuring the relevance of the instructional materials to the rest of the curriculum is to keep is to keep list of _________.
a. policies issued by DepEd
b. vision and mission of the school
c. goals and objectives of the curriculum
d. curriculum standards
4. which type of syllabus is given examples by the following activities: writing notes and memos, reports, agendas, letters to companies, and reply letters?
a. Situational syllabus
b. Grammatical syllabus
c. Task-based syllabus
d. Topical syllabus
5. Which is NOT a goal of K to 12 language teaching in the secondary level?
a. To link life, literature, and language and to integrate themes, texts, and tasks
b. To gain mastery of language forms and rules of usage
c. To hone independent study strategies through prescribed tasks.
d. To use differentiated instruction to accommodate varied learners’ strategies
6. The primary aim of second language teaching using the audiolingual method is _________.
a. reading comprehension
b. vocabulary development
c. literacy appreciation
d. oral proficiency
7. Which of the following concepts is/are correctly defined?
I. A curriculum includes the philosophy, purpose design and implementation of whole program.
II. A course is an integrated series of teaching learning experiences, whose ultimate aim is lead the learners to a particular state of knowledge.
III. A syllabus is the specification and ordering of content of a courses.
a. I only
b. II only
c. I, II
d. I, II, III
8. A teaching practice which is compatible with Communicative Approach is one that ________.
a. derives and make explicit the grammatical rules of the language
b. address the needs of the target learners
c. follow the listen-speak-red-write sequence of skills
d. gives priority to oral proficiency
9. The K to 12 language teaching in secondary school can be described as follows EXCEPT it ________.
a. is literature-based and genre-focused
b. uses literacy and informative text
c. uses culminating performance tasks
d. focuses on common areas of difficulty in grammar
10. Newspaper articles, advertisement, radio announcement, etc. in the real world when used in the classroom situations are classified as _____.
a. authentic materials
b. mass communication materials
c. audio-visual aids
d. recycled materials
11. A plan of what to be achieved through the teaching and learning process which contains the course description, objectives, the prerequisites, the requirements , and the topics to be taught is the ________.
a. course outline
b. curriculum guide
c. course syllabus
d. lesson plan
12. Which of the following DOES NOT characterize the direct method of language teaching?
a. It allows error and these errors are addressed by self-correction.
b. The teacher illustrates and demonstrates meaning.
c. The target language is used as an auxiliary/ support language.
d. The language is viewed as spoken than written.
13. The content of the language teaching in this type if syllabus is a collection of specific abilities that may play a part in using language. Which is referred to?
a. Skill-based syllabus
b. Task-based syllabus
c. Content-based syllabus
d. Notional-functional syllabus
14. The Teacher uses a contemporary and highly relevant song in presenting a lesson on conditional clauses. She provide activity sheet in which students indicated their regretful experiences and the possible outcome had they not done a certain regretful act. Then, the students were assigned on pair to share with a partner what they have written. The use of the song, the worksheet, the pair group, the teacher and the students’ talk are provisions of which hypothesis in Krashen’s Monitoring Model?
a. Affective Filter
b. Monitoring Output
c. Comprehensible Input
d. Natural Order
15. Which conversational maxim is violated in this utterance? In the classroom, the students are noisy; the teacher spoke loud, “Class, I really appreciate your behaving quietly today. You see we can smoothly and clearly discuss our lesson.”
16. The aspect of Communicative competence that deals with the appropriate use of communication and coping strategies is known as ________ competence.
17. Which generalization in the area of phonology can be drawn from the following linguistic data: table, attack, can, paper, space, accordion?
a. A voiceless stop is aspirated if it begins a syllable of a stressed vowel.
b. A voiceless stop is aspirated if it follows a stressed vowel.
c. A voiceless stop is aspired if it is in between a consonant and a tense vowel.
d. A voiceless stop is aspired if it is in between a stressed vowel and a voiced consonant.
18. Which of the following has a glottal segment
19. The study of illocutionary acts is an area of __________.
20. Mary thinks that she is the only girl who can sing the song. Obviously, “She” refers to Mary. What concept in referential semantics explains the italicized word?