This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 6 of General Education. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Patrons Saints usually visited by Filipinos to ask for help to Pass the Board Exam|
|Top 10 superstitious beliefs practiced by Filipinos to pass the board exam|
|Things to do while waiting for the result of your board exam|
General Education Part 6
1. The best definition of the meaning of a word.
a. the object to which refers
b. its general dictionary definition
c. its use in a particular situation
d. its corresponding idea in the mind
2. People living in the mountainous and rugged areas were advised about the occurrence of La Nina. This means?
a. there will be famine
b. there will be drought
c. there will be abundance
d. there will be flash floods
3. Professionals going to abroad to seek greener pastures as on type of _____?
a. brain drain
4. “The modern heroes are understandable products of one’s literacy heritage and the present world. Heroes of the present are prototypes of the society in which they flourish. This means?
a. Heroes are alike, modern and classical
b. Modern society affects the modern literary heroes
c. Literature has heroes who represented the people, race and times
d. Modern heroes are the embodiment of the society’s values
5. The victim’s father refused revenged when he said:
a. “an eye for an eye”
b. “Justice is always delayed”
c. “Don’t take the law into your hands”
d. “Give him the other cheek”
6. Identify the Filipino value and its influence on the Filipino youth as stated:
a. Lack of Initiative ….. Passionism
b. Faith ….. Conflicting attitudes
c. Extreme personalism ….. Individualism
d. Lack of discipline ….. Indifference
7. We should work for a total ban _____ of pesticides that are hazardous to man.
a. on the use
b. by the use
c. on using
d. with the use
8. “I will only with the heart that one can see rightly.” This means _____?
a. the heart is always correct about everything
b. important things are not always for the heart but for the brain
c. heart should always be over and above the brains
d. only the heart can see the beauty of life and love
9. “I will take the road less travelled by and be condemned if necessary” said one politician. His decision shows _____?
a. regrets come before decision
b. decision are made despite differences from the majority
c. decision are made on the crossroads
d. regrets come after decisions
10. What word is not properly spelled and used in this sentences?
a. There were commission on the fare
b. There were confusion on admissions
c. There was confusion on the plane
d. There was confusion of directions
11. You should be more _____ instead of being _____ in order to avoid committing mistakes.
a. literature ….. erudite
b. intelligent …… smart
c. cautious ….. impetuous
d. practical ….. passive
12. Only world-class athletes win medals at the Olympic Games. Michael Phelps won several gold medals in swimming at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. therefore:
a. Michael Phelps is an all-time American swimmer
b. Australia won the most number of gold medals in swimming
c. Michael Phelps is world-class athlete and an Olympian
d. Michael Phelps is a swimmer
13. I. Treasury bills have an interest rage of 6.85 per annum.
II. Savings accounts have an interest rate of only 2% per annum.
III. Treasury bill used to have 9-10% interest rate per annum. Therefore, it us better to invest in Treasury bills than just put your money in regular savings account.
a. definitely true
b. most likely true
c. most likely false
d. definitely false
14. “She was a Phantom of delight ….. When first she gleaned upon my sight. “William Wordsworth.
15. Which of the following words are misspelled?
a. 2 & 3
b. 2,3 & 4
c. 1, 3 & 4
d. 1, 2 & 3
16. He has the dubious distinction of being the lowest man in his class.
17. The evidence gathered against the racketeers incriminates some high government officials as well.
18. Jose does not need a new car, but he traded his old one to keep up with the Joneses.
a. to imitate others in extravagance
b. to be responsible
c. to be envious
d. to please others
19. The politician is a witty speaker but he beats around the bush too much.
a. speaks emotionally
b. away from the public
c. avoids the main topic
d. keeps on talking
20. After all has been said, the issue was a tempest in a teapot.
a. temperature dropped
b. simmered down
c. heated argument followed
d. boiled down to nothing