This is the Multiples Choice Questions Part 4 of English. In preparation for the LET Exam, practice, and familiarize every question we have, it might be included in the actual examination. Good luck.
Be fully prepared for your exam, follow our tips on effective studying and test-taking strategies. Click here to read the tips:
|Tips to overcome PANIC during board exam|
|Best time schedule for review and tips on how to follow it strictly|
|Things to do while waiting for the result of your board exam|
English Part 4
1. Teacher Peter uses small group games and tasks; he also asks students to actively listen to music, songs, or any conversation in the class. Which of the following explains Teacher Peter’s practices?
a. Cognitive code approach
b. Communicative approach
c. Counseling-learning approach
d. Task-based English language teaching
2. Teacher Minnie reads about desuggestopedia. Which of the following activities is a practice of desuggestopedia?
a. Drills and substitution drills
b. Language games and quiz bees
c. Doing tasks such as writing letters, composing poems, and watching movies
d. Role play
3. Which of the following illustrates “positive transfer” in interlanguage?
a. A Filipino student constructs a sentence in English: “Beautiful is Mary.”
b. A Filipino student pronounces “bag” correctly.
c. A Filipino student writes a sentence: “The book is new.”
d. A Filipino students tells “We ate pish (fish) last night.”
4. The teacher considers feelings of anxiety, fear, and shame that may hinder second language acquisition. Which method can help the teacher address this concern?
a. CL/ CLL
b. Task-based language teaching
c. Communicative language teaching
5. Teacher Eric believes that if the students in school would force their habit of speaking in English in the manner they speak Kapangpangan, including accent and vocabulary, it might lead to fossilization of errors and eventually lead to linguistic phenomenon known as ________.
6. In which class is codeswitching allowed?
a. Audio-lingual class
b. Communicative classroom
c. Grammar-translation class
7. In which is CLIL practiced?
a. The class visited a museum in order to create a brochure promoting local tourism.
b. The class was divided into small group in order to brainstorm on a topic for process writing,
c. The teacher used an authentic task for group performance.
d. The teacher used graphic organizers to aid comprehension.
8. What is an indication of hypothesis test in language learning?
9. Which of the following is a manifestation of covert grammar teaching?
a. Audio lingual method
b. Communicative language teaching
c. Task-based language teaching
d. Silent way
10. Which of the following supports English for Specific Purposes?
a. Competency-based education
b. Organization competence
c. Peripheral learning
d. Scaffolding in language education
11. What is the implication of “mutually intelligible” in teaching English?
a. Students cannot distinguish any difference in the different varieties of the language.
b. Students may still understand different varieties of English
c. Student should not be given different varieties of the English language.
d. Students will find it hard to understand a different variety of the English language.
12. Based on principles of first language acquisition, which of the following should be taught first to students?
a. Plural regular
c. Present progressive
d. Simple present
13. In first language acquisition, the following are considered language developmental milestones during the pre-linguistic stages, EXCEPT __________.
14. What semantic change is reflected in the word “queer”? A queer case was solved by Sherlock Holmes.” “He is such a queer.”
15. Which of the following sentence/s is/are incorrect?
a. The safety of students while on a school field trip is something for which teachers are responsible for.
b. The safety of students while on a school field trip is something for which teachers are responsible.
c. The safety of students while on a school field trip is something which teachers are responsible for.
d. Sentences B and C
16. Which of the following sentences is incorrect?
a. The infamous attack on the World Trade Center happened on September 11, 2001.
b. The infamous attack on the World Trade Center happened on 11 September 2001.
c. The infamous attack on the World Trade Center happened on 11th of September, 2001
d. The infamous attack on the World Trade Center happened on 11 September, 2001.
17. Noun Phrases joined by and are plural. The rule does not apply when and is followed by not. Which of the following statement is CORRECT?
a. Love and not hate makes the world go round.
b. Love and not hate make the world go round.
c. People and not policy is the focus of his analysis.
d. Policy and not people are the focus of his analysis.
18. Which of the following quantifiers modify plural nouns?
d. Many a
19. The following statements are TRUE about sentence structure EXCEPT ______.
a. Two words (lexis) that belong to the same category (lexical category) can substitute each other in a sentence.
b. Each word has a limitless range of possible functions.
c. There are restrictions on how the worlds can combine to form grammatical phrases.
d. Lexical categories can expand into bigger strings of words called ‘phrasal categories.’
20. The word “off” functions as an adverbial particle in which structure?
a. Their on and off relationship
b. We put it off too long.
c. Off with you!
d. You’re of the hook.